Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

sydney to melb. Some new ideas

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by stripped6, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Well i'm off agian to do my second trip from bris to melb.

Bris to syd is via the mains due to time constraints. But have a spare day over the Sydney to Melbourne route (eg 2 days to do it in).

Will spend up to 12 hours a day on the ride. Last time I did it I went through apline way and kosi park etc. Looking for some advice on any different routes.

2. along the coast?
  3. Sorry to say that all plans are in the to do basket now. Change of plans meant I could only spend 1 day on the Syd to Melb route and so had to do it via the Hume.

Had best of both worlds weather wise. Had heavy rain and strong winds (even a flooded river crossing coming out of Port Maquarie yesterday) and perfect weather coming south from sydney, until I hit the rain again at Seymour today.

The gixxer is nearly at 38000ks now and set a new record in fuel econ today. Got 280ks out of it before the light came on. Even checked at the servo and yes it still had 4ltrs in the tank. That's around the 350+ tank range at a steady 110ish speed limit (damm those double demerits).

Anyway hope to get back into the interesting riding soon like the rest of you I saw today that were out.