Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

sydney to cairns

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by AngX, May 18, 2008.

1. in about 6months or so ive been thinking of a trip on my zzr from syd to cairns.

its about 3000km so a fair hike seeking advice from people that have done this trip or similar.

ive driven syd to brisbane many times so that part i know its more the other 2/3 of the trip i have no idea about any hot locations to stay over on the way and stuff like that would be a huge help.

2. I'm leaving for Townsville Monday 26th - going the boring way and should be therein two and half days

Linky

How long you planning on taking?

3. im thinking about a week ive got afew mates along the way that ill stop in and say hi / crash the night.
    + it will be my first long trip so i want to give myself plenty of time.
    ill be trying to get ride fit over the next 6months till i go.
    from what i hears a ride like this isnt easy but if i prepair myself i should be ok.

i hope

4. ....doing 6,000kms on a 250

Too many kms, no time to enjoy anything along the way.

Extending my route to Carins, would be three full days riding each way, giving you one day in Cairns before you head back....if you're going the coast, much longer and more traffic

5. oh lol sorry i forgot to mention ill be moving to cairns so what i ment is ill give myself a week to get there meaning ill be enjoying myself along the way.

its either ride the bike or trailer it their but i think i would prefer the ride.

6. If that's the case, then you got heaps of alternatives :cool:

Get some maps out and try and fit in the following; Thunderbolts Way, Oxley Hwy, Waterfall Way and Summerland Way and that's just NSW.

Also stop in at Nabiac for a tour of the Motorcycle Museum