Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney Roads and Diesel/oil spills

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sucram, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Is it just me, or does there seem to be a shit load of oil spills at pretty much every corner and traffic light?!?!

2. It's you
  3. Have no fear, scuram, deliverance is at hand. The Lane Cove Tunnel will open this weekend (just in time for the election.......) and all Sydney's traffic woes will be over. (Just like they were after the opening of the M5 Car Park and the Cross-City Money-Pit :evil:).
  4. Do you mean the accumulated oil that is in the centre of most lanes near traffic lights, due to vehicles stopping there for extended periods and sometimes dripping oil?

Or do you mean large oil spills, perhaps from a vehicle that is unroadworthy and in need of repairs?
  5. or the fact that it hasn't rained for a while, and it's just started raining causing the accumulation of oil to get just a tad slippery?
  6. I dont think its oil, feels more like diesel and is mainly at the lights, going around corners! Not the normal build up at the lights before the white line.

I actually started to notice it on Thurs/Friday- My theory is that truck drivers hit the piss on Thurs/Friday at the pub due to pay/weekend then forget to do their cap up properly...
  7. Sorry. Thats not oil/diesel.

Sometimes I'm busting when riding along.

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go!
  8. :LOL: at phizdog

i think you are imaginging things, ether that or you are just going a tad too fast in the wet, then again i havnt ridden since last wednesday. and its pharken giving me the shits
  9. All sorts of things end up on our roads.

Whether it's diesel/oil/Phizog relieving himself: you gotta be careful in the wet.

I've ridden behind a cleaning supply van leaking DETERGENT onto the road from a hole in a drum :shock:
  10. Nah I've noticed it too.

The rain has loosened up the built up oil/grease a bit I think.

I also think people aren't maintaining their cars as much lately. I've noticed a lot more broken down cars.
  11. yeah ive noticed that too ay, and people also seemed less concerned with damaged panels, missing bumper bars etc.