Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by suzuki_bandit, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

I've been riding motorcycles for 30 years now. I've got Suzuki GSX750F for last 8 years but hardly ever use it. I believe it is more commonly known as "Katana".

Looking forward to be part of netrider community and share my experiences.
  2. Welcome suzuki_bandit The Katana with the popup headlight? I thought that was the ultimate in cool when I was a younger rider.
  3. No, mine is 1995 Katana.
  4. Ok, Not as cool ;) but still a fine machine. I take it you are a Bandit rider normally from the Nic?
  5. Yes, it is fine machine, bullet proof as they call it. I want to trade-in or sell Katana and get Bandit and hence the "bandit" in username.

Do you think any dealer would be interested in trade-in for Katana? It's has only done @ 16K in all these years. The previous owner ride 100 Kms in 4 years when he had it and I've done 10K in 8 years that I had it.
  6. Good low k's, a dealer is not going to give you much for it though Redbook Prices give it at:

Private Prices $2,600 - $3,000
    Trade In Prices $1,700 - $2,000

So if you wanted to recoup the best money for it you would need to sell it privately.
  7. Yeah, I saw those prices on Redbook too. Also, the bike is not registered currently so I got to do blue slip and get it registered/insured before I put on sale. Hope I find someone who is after this collectors item. ;)
  8. As a collectable, provided it s fine mechanically, the bike is worth towards the top of the private sell range, maybe more on a good day. Advertise in the right places Perhaps clubs like the http://ccjmc.net
  9. Welcome to NR...
  10. Welcome,
    The GSX750F is not the Katana in our market, it was given that nickname for the USA market. The Katana as we know it in Aus was a much earlier model and vastly different.
    The GSX750F was the poor mans GSXxxxR and they are not at all sought after as a collectible. They were cheap when new (built accordingly) and re-sale on them was disgraceful.
    • Like Like x 2