Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Sydney police hunting texting motorbike rider

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Captain Insano, May 28, 2012.

1. Original article: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8474367/sydney-police-hunting-texting-motorbike-rider

Attached Files:

2. That's the stupidest thing on the road he's seen? Obviously he hasn't been on the road much.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. The headline has now been changed to:

I wonder if NSW police have also "HUNTED" for the drivers who txt behind the wheel whose, txting habits have been caught on camera by motorcyclists and others and handed in to the police??

What do you think?

And oh yeah... why do you think the Headline was changed?
  4. I am not going to comment on what he was doing.

However once again ".....instead of boots and no leathers,....."

He does not have to FFS it makes me very cross when I see this as the implication is clearly that he was meant to be.

Cheers Jeremy
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Because if they found him, there's no reason to have the headline imply they haven't.
  6. +1...hunt down one person texting while riding, but ignore the higher number of drivers that text and drive.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DuH!!! (Facepalm)

The headline changed so fast (from the time i posted it, to me clicking my own like to make sure it works) I got a little paronoid!! 8-[
  8. Put away your tin-foil helmet and follow my logic here for a second.

Here's an alternative situation;

"Police today are appealing for witness to help them identify a man seen ski-ing naked at Thredbo"

Now there's no law saying that you HAVE TO wear fourteen layers of clothing in the snow. There's probably no law to say it's illegal to wear NO layers of clothing in the snow. The 'clothing' comment relates to the STUPIDITY of the conduct.........

Whilever there are riders who persist in doing stupid things, there will always be people who are ready to criticise and dismiss us as ALL being stupid.
  9. nothing wrong with that
    do it all the time, im more impressed with the fact he wasnt freezing with the chilli weather
  10. Ducati rider, 'nuff said.
  11. Can I correct that for you Paul?

Dozens of cyclists can be seen texting and riding in Melbourne every day. It's STUPID, but it's not illegal, or newsworthy.
  12. It IS if it's a person in charge of a powered vehicle, surely? It makes news because it's hard to believe someone on a motorcycle could be that stupid, equally with the naked skier......
  13. I'm sure if it was someone in a 1.5 tonne vehicle doing the exact same thing it wouldn't make news.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. of course not

you don't need to use your hands to balance a 1.5 tonne truck, or to brake or accellerate it
  15. Nah, his got an iPhone app that does that for him.
  16. Can we move on from naked skiers?

Guys a tool..so what?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. You may not need your hands to do that on a truck, but you need your eyes to see where you're going and what else is happening around you. Texting while operating any vehicle is stupid.
  18. Paul, the point is that this clown will probably only hurt himself if he crashes - whereas someone driving a 1.5 tonne truck has the potential to hurt a lot of other people.
  19. FYI 1.5 tonnes is your average weight of a medium sized car, trucks are much heavier. And cheers Tony.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Why are they looking for him, did they find his balls? He probably didn't hear the plink-plink of them falling off over the chattering of his teeth. :D