Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney P Plater - Newbie to the Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RoseBayRose, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I set myself a challenge back in Sep last year and decided that I was going to learn how to ride a motorcycle. I'd always wanted to do it, but having a car and circumstances prevented me from doing so earlier. I've got my P plates now, after limited riding experience (<500 k's) and I'm looking to go further.

I got myself a brand new Honda CBF250 at the Sydney Motorcylce Show back in Nov and it arrived a few days later (just in time for my b'day). I'd been doing a bit of research, so it wasn't an impulse buy! Went with the Honda because its a LAM and, so far, its been a good reliable bike.

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Eastern suburbs, who'd be keen to go for a ride sometime? I really don't know much about bikes, so it would be good to get some tips and hints about bikes too.

Looking forward to seeing more of Sydney (from Melb originally) and meeting new people.

Bye for now,

2. blue text, cool :)

Welcome to Netrider, Leanne. I think there ARE a few Netrider bods in the Eastern Suburbs, just have to wait for them to read this and post up.....
  3. Gday Leanne, welcome to NR from another ex Melbourne rider.
  4. Hi Leanne,

Congrats on making the decision to be a rider and welcome to NR.

5. gday Leanne, if your up for it, u could make your way over to homebush and join our meet on sundays, we will show u everything u need
  6. ... it's looks more indigo, Paul :-k

Welcome to NR, Leanne :grin:
    Everyone's got an opinion about something! :LOL:
  7. Welcome to NetRider :grin:

Nice to see another Sydney Sider

Homebush is great for picking up on those basic need to know skills.