Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney - North Shore. New rider (BMW R9T)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by XandeR9t, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Im a 30 year old guy, and I work as a bank manager Mon-Fri. Love to get out on the weekends with mates and new friends for rides. I'd love to connect with other BMW riders and especially R9T owners! Pretty chill!

2. Welcome to NR..

Nice bike there... One of my favourites!
  3. Hi and welcome.

A 30 year old that buys a BMW.... did they give you special exemption from the age qualification?

Other than the "boy racer" BMWs like the S1000RR or whatever, I thought you had to be older to buy a bemmer. ;-)

I do ride a BMW myself, and, when the R9T appeared, went to look closely at it, but I couldn't see where the BMW coffee maker would plug in, never mind the big panniers, and the wife on back.

Seriously, I wish you much joy of your bike.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Thanks
    Hahah thanks mate. Had a good giggle. Coming off sport bikes that only got me fines left right and center I was after something totally different. Its a really nice bike to ride, just waiting for the coffee maker option to become available!
  5. Thanks Mate, you know they say the bike chooses you and this couldnt have been truer in my case. Tested almost everything from Panigale's to Jap naked bikes. But I got on this and went for a ride and didnt give it back! Plus I plan on keeping it forever.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Beemers are exempt from fines? No one told me... I'll point to the roundel and wink the next time I'm stopped.

Welcome mate!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome from another north Shore BMW rider.
    I was chatting to a fellow rider today and we lamented the change in image of BMW riders - a few years ago it was compulsory to sport a beard, Sam Brown belt (ask your grandad) and white fisherman's socks folded over sturdy work boots.
    Nowadays even normal riders nod at us.
  8. Welcome!
    Fellow younger BMW rider too. R1150RT and K1600GT
  9. Thanks Mate, Although I have no idea what you are talking about sorry!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Haha yeah it seems that way! I used to get pulled over all the time for no reason with my last bike (K9 GSX R600)... Nowadays cops just nod.. Touch wood tho, Ill prob get pulled over this arvo on the way home from work!
  11. Nice!
  12. Welcome I've only been a netter for a few months but love it entertaining threads and great advice you'll learn heaps if your not already an experienced rider, I have
    • Agree Agree x 1