Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney noob saying hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jojo_o, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Hi all,

Been around here before but haven't bothered to sign up till now.

Brand new rider - never had any experience on a motorbike till I did my Learners (and remedial, guh!).
    Still don't have a bike but looking to get a second hand bike soon-ish. Might take some private lessons to ease my nerves a bit, I wouldn't even trust myself on the road right now. Anyone had any experience with private lessons, or beginner group lessons (not on the road yet)?

Looking forward to eventually riding to work and going on group rides on the weekends. So yeah, that's me.

2. Welcome to NR !
  3. Welcome to Nutrider!
  4. Welcome along, Jo.
    Check out the learners sessions out at Homebush. I found it invaluable when I was starting out. And to be honest I could do with a visit back there for more work on the slow stuff. It's a great way to meet people and to get tips and advice from an experienced bunch of riders.
    Group rides often happen afterwards.
  5. ^^ u-turns *cough cough * ;-)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yes, thank you, Mr Womble
  7. My pleasure, Fin.
  8. Thanks for the welcome guys!
    Will definitely come out to Homebush when I'm confident enough to ride my way there (would have to get on the m4 :-/)

9. Welcome Jo.

Where abouts are you?
  10. Welcome to the party, Jo...
  11. CrazyCam: I'm in Sydney, the NorthWest area so that would be about 30mins from Homebush along a very busy stretch of road. I was thinking of doing lessons where I could use a hire bike until I'm comfortable on the road.