Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney National Parks, Gate Times

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by A boy named Sue, Oct 23, 2011.

1. What time do the national parks start charging for entry on a Saturday?

I'd like to go through Bobbin Head on the way to Galston gorge but not so much that I want to pay park entry!

2. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

If that park is anything like the RNP you don't have to pay if you're travelling THROUGH (not stopping to smell the roses).....

3. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

Usually around 9am....the parks up here try to sting you for an entrance fee, even if you don't stop.

4. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

You pay,doesnt mater if you have an anual mega buck pass on your car,passing through or anything.On your bike yoy pay,if I remember its $15.

5. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

Only the Nasho is no pay because its a rta road. The rest are NP.

6. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

Thanks, 9am is easy to beat at the Turrumurra end and turning around isn't so bad at the other end. From memory there usually used to be no-one at the Mt Colah end.

7. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

Yes i had to pay last time on the bike i went to Bobbin Head ..

8. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

was in that area last month.. no one at the gate this was a saturday morning around 8.30ish

9. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

There was no-one there at 6am on Sunday! The sign said $11 and to pay and display when you park if there was no-one at the gate. Heaps of cyclists on the road and about 3 cars. A few bumps on the road but no pot-holes. I have to practice my "35kph" down-hill corners, loosen up my left hand, get some weight on the pegs...and get my p-plates (still on Ls for good reasons it seems).

10. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

So if you are going through the Nasho, on your way to the Seacliff Bridge/Bulli, you dont have to pay?

Last time i went through on a Sunday, they had the witches hats out, and bikes were pulling in......

11. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

I have gone through natio via stanwell tops numerous times; I have never paid and the gate @ the loftus entrance has always had an attendant it.

The last time was a week ago.

12. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

This is wrong.
    This is completely retarded
    Here is one secret. Tell them you are going straight through.

Here is another secret. Bike tyres are thinner than the gaps between the witches hats.

13. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

If you acualy read the thread he was talking about Bobbin Head,NOT the Royal National Park.You pay for Bobbin Head and The Park at Coal and Candle Creek,not the bypass to the beaches but West Head and as I said my annaul pass which costs me crazy money and is on my car for Skiing doesnt matter.I have never payed to go through The Royal National Park since 1974 and my first ride down there.

14. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

I read the thread. If you don't stop in a national park you don't have to pay. I was responding to each comment specifically, not generally.

15. Re: Sydney National Parkes Gate Times

They will not let you through the gate without paying at both of the parks I meantioned,doesnt mater what,passing through or picnicing,you pay or dont enter,period.
    Thats if the gate is manned,unmanned and your through for free.Been there and argued the point on a couple of ocassions.