Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney CBD Parking

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by swaytan, May 1, 2013.

1. Hey Guys,

So I'll hopefully be landing a new job on Friday, it's in the CBD, right off Hunter street near Wynyard. I'm just wondering do any of you commute into the CBD daily on your motorcycle and if so where do you park?

I'm aware of the motorcycle parking area on Lang St, and a bunch of spots up on Macquarie St. If I were getting to into the city at about 7ish would I be ok with getting a spot?
    I'm probably gonna go in for a trial run on Thursday just to suss out the parking situation. Hopefully at this job they've actually got spots downstairs for bikers!

Thanks guys!

2. At 7am you should be fine.
    If you miss out on the close spots there is heaps of bike parking along Hickson Road near Barangaroo, and a patch at the circular quay end. You can usually get a park there any time of day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. If you've got an iPhone download the e-network motorcycle parking app, it shows you all the parking spots for motorbikes sydney wide. Displays both free and time restricted spots with colour legends.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for this mate. I think I've sussed out an area with a bunch of spots about 50 meters from my new employer's front door!

5. Thanks for the advice, just had a quick look at that app & it could come in quite handy.