Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney CBD parking question - Druitt/Sussex

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by slygrog, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Maybe a dumb/weird question but I've yet to arrive in the city early enough to try for myself soooooooooo.. I park my bike in the bike parking on Sussex Street (where Sussex meets Druitt) and to get there I head down Druitt from George, turn onto Clarence, then turn down Market and finally turn onto Sussex Street where I make a right hand turn into the bike parking.

It would be quicker to stay on Druitt and then just flick off into the parking area while moving with the traffic that goes over the bridge. I have been told by a person in my office who also rides that he doesn't think it's a go, but I don't see any signage or anything on my wanders past that suggest he's right.

Anyone know? Anyone park here?

Thanks and sorry for the daftness. I try not to experiment before work too much lest I run late and have a stress heart attack (such a renegade!) and I haven't been in the city on weekends for a long time.
  2. I park there... you could do that... but the cops will have you and fine you on the odd days they are there.
    I just ride around, it doesn't add that much more onto the trip really.
  3. So it IS a naughty no-no. I don't mind the extra ride around, I just wondered if I was missing something. I see lots of riders go straight down when I'm turning off Druitt.

It is such a sweet deal, that carpark.