Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] WTD: I4, 250cc Jap screamer, DOA

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jirf88, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Folks;

I'm after something to keep me entertained during the long (oh sooo loooong) years of my restricted license. Theroy being, get a dead sports bike, spend my spare time building it, fixing it, pouring love into it... And then riding it on the weekends for the tail end of the restriction period.

I have no real experience doing this kind of thing, but am keen to learn... and the state gov't has certainly made sure that I have an abundance of time in which to do this.

So, I'm after an inline 4 cyl 250. preferably a zx2r C model but I'm open to suggestions if someone knows of something suitable. It does not necessarily need to run, but it has to be fixable... Not necessarily easy, but doable.

I know this isn't at all going to be a cost efficient exercise, but that is not at all why I want to do this.

So.. If anyone knows of anything like this, please let me know...

Cheers all

2. Check eBay friend. The amount of low price bikes that have been passing through there with the words 'easy resto' in the title have been astonishing. I wish I had a few g's to spend on mucking around with an old bike but alas, thailand beckons at the end of the year.
  3. Ebay... I love ebay... Practically live there.

Unfortunately, not much in the way of what I'm after. The little that is on ebay at presend is stuff in (generally) good working order. I've been trawling the wreckers around in my area for a while now... not much in the way of something workable...

Just askin', if anyone sees/hears anything...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.