Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Syd/Wollongong] Bike check please

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tonbi, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Looks like it hasn't been run recently - rust on brake discs and chain and sprockets (ie they they're also probably shagged out). But good price.. dodgy kms though! If they are real then its been used 700kms a year! Which isn't great for the engine to be sitting around. But the price is good, if you could get it down to 1500 you'd be laughing.
  2. ur in hurstwilll wolongon aint that far.
    Seem like a bargin. just check compression to make sure it hasnt been around the twist.
  3. Ya got good eyes phizog, didn't notice the rust, thanks

Zbike, I know it ain't that far, it's more to do with my knowledge of bikes which sort of runs out around the point of counting the wheels :LOL:
  4. That top fairing if fcuked, and it looks like a diffewrent colour indicating it has been replaced before, so possible been front end stacked previously, and the instrument cluster may not be the original from the bike, the km showing are very sus.
  5. Front left near the mirror is damaged... I'd say it's been stacked rather than dropped but would need a closer look to be sure.

I agree with Tweet, Kms are too low: my 93 ZZR-250 has over 80,000Km on it. Maybe the tacho's come from a wrecker along with the other bits of replaced fairing?
  6. Apologies for the second post, it appears I can't edit my posts yet.

Tonbi, if you like you can have a look at my ZZR-250. It's located in Parramatta and is for sale (sort of - I cbf advertising it and am in no hurry to get rid of it) but even if you simply want a look at what one that age should look like send me an email and we can probably arrange something: bradleyDOTwebbATgmailDOTcom.
  7. If you are willing to pay, my mechanic is at Engadine (works from home), and is a rider, he would scoot down and have a look at it, and haggle for a good deal.

Arranging 'transfer of ownership' is a sideline for him.

Let me know and I'll PM you his details.