Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Syd) Where to service?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by MrChicken, Sep 4, 2006.

1. I've had my Honda VT250C for about six months and am looking around for a mechanic to get it serviced. I work in the Sydney CBD and was hoping to find somewhere I could drop the bike off in the morning on my way to work and pick it up in the afternoon. "Action" on Wentworth Avenue is probably the closest but I don't know if they're any good. Any ideas, alternatives, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. actions on wentworth are good, you shouldnt have any problems with them.

3. A lot of people complain about Action so I would be hesitant.

I know it's far from the CBD but I've heard good things about Sydney Performance Motorcycles in Taren Point, I'll be taking my bike there I think.

A bit closer to the CBD there are two that both get favourable recommendations is Clubman Motorcycles at St Peters and Beconsfield Motorcycle Supermarket (I've had my bike into BMS but since it was the first time I had used a mechanic I can't compare, though they were quick).

4. yeah, i take my bike or get parts from BMS in beaconsfield.

5. Ive never had any problems with actions, but ive never heard about sydney performance motorcycles, i hope your not talking about RB imports on taren point rd, cause they dont have a clue!
    If your willing to go that far caringbah motorcycles on captain cook drive is quite good.

6. I've heard alot of complaints about Action (especially the one in the city), mainly relating to overpricing, crappy customer service and long service times.

SPM is a different outfit to RB. Trying to decide whether to make my bike there or to Clubmans (otherwise known as Graham's).

7. I actually havent used actions before so if you heard their service sucks you are probly right , i just know a couple of the mechanics there and i know they would do a good job.

8. If your out in the west, give TJ motorcycle performance a go, they have a good reputation.
    They are in minchinbury :)

9. hi guys...

sorry to just interrupt.... :p

- i was just wondering which is a good place to service the bike close to
    city-strathfield area??

- Address and number would be awesome too :wink:

- Btw how much is it for service normal or major?

* Also how much is it for front tire and which brand is good?? would it be safe to have 2 different brand tire??

thx heaps