Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Where did all the premium fuel go?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by blackjacket, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lately it seems like every damn servo I stop at is out of premium!! (Excluding shell, I avoid them like the plague). What the hell is going on? Been filling up half a tank at an independent servo or 95 octane vortex at caltex.. Bikes running like shit...

Where's the mobil 8000 and BP ultimate gone :?
  2. Apparently the servos are not selling it on the cheap days like Mon and tuesday. They wait for the midweek jump to put it back on. Saves them money I guess.
  3. And you still wont go to Shell. That makes a lot of sense.
    Forget the urban legend current Shell is fine.
  4. Last time I filled up on Vpower, my bike cut out while warming up the next morning and wouldn't start without a new plug...
  5. Did it vpower + 10% ethanol? :p

What are you riding anyway?
  6. Vortex is 98 Octane. I should know I worked for Caltex.
  7. Depends on whether it's Vortex 95 or Vortex 98, surely? How's it labelled at the bowser these days? No Caltex servos where I am so I live in blissful ignorance.
  8. they provide 91 standard, 95 vortex, and 98 vortex now mate :)
    filled up with 95 today.
  9. 95 Vortex? I thought it was 95 Premium Silver, (Gold being 98)?

Oh well I eat my words its been a few years since I last worked there.

10. I agree, there is a distinct lack of premium fuel atm. I thought one of Shell's distillers cracked not too long ago which means no 98 octane for a while. Not sure about the others though.
  11. the blue pump at BP servos 95 or 98??? :?
  12. i dont use BP, i heard it is made by girls with hairy armpits.
  13. I think you may be mistaken there joel. The girls that work at Shell seem to fit that description alarmingly well. In the refinery anyway :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Blue is the ultimate, it's 98.
  15. We had shortage here in Melb some time ago... I am not sure what the go is with supply of late. Although as said here there was some problem a while back. BP ultimate and Mobil 8000 come from the same refinery, its just a different color for each company i am to believe..
  16. Thankyou! :wink:
  17. Had to go a couple of places to find any premium in BrisVegas today.
  18. South Maroubra 7-11 was out of premium the other day too. You can really feel the difference between premium and standard! Better be back for the weekly tuesday arvo fill
  19. I thought this shortage was due to the unscheduled maintenance of a major refinery. That's the rumour I'd heard.
  20. Sucks to need premium! :D SV is happiest on 91 :)