Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Whatever happened to Mark Walker at Budget Bikes?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by indigo_junkie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I've been having my bike services done at Helmet Warehouse/Budget Bikes, specifically Mark Walker, for the past 10+ years. No one else I would trust, especially after what happened to me at Action Parra (this was back in 1998, and from what I've read on this forum, seems not much has changed). When I recently down there to buy some gear, Mark told me that he and his brother Shane had sold up the business and was moving on. Mark still worked there 1-2 days a week, but I called in with Budget Bikes today to schedule in a 1000km service, they told me that Mark had left and gone overseas. They then told me that a typical service for my bike would be around $220, which is the price quoted by Sydney City in Kogarah where I bought my bike.

The thing is, I wouldn't have minded paying that much if I knew that Mark was going to work on my bike, and after my incident with Action, I wasn't going to trust a dealer (any dealer) with my bike ever again. And the new guy at Budget Bikes that they hired, just didn't inspire me with any confidence when I talked to him. Guess I'm going to be calling around. Glad to hear Mike is still in Castle Hill, too bad I'm not though. Living in Strathfield sure made Yagoona convenient.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here knows what happened to Mark, or if he's gone and started his own shop or something.
  2. That's a shame about Mark. I went thro high school with him and he's always been first class with the work he does. I remember a few years back he did some time in the States maybe he's been lured back, I dunno, but he's a top bloke and was always willing to fit in services with my work schedules.