Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Syd] Two finger salute to pizza delivery riders!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by gegvasco, Oct 22, 2005.

1. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    All hail the new menace on our streets. Are these blokes the worst group of riders on the road? I think so. One of these nutters cut me off so badly this evening that I had to emergency brake and he had no idea why I had a go at him after catching him on the CBR. It's bad enough we have to wear this sort of s%^& from slack cagers but it is too much to get it from bikes as well. Two lanes turning right at lights, I'm at the front in the right lane, he's next to me in the left lane. Lights change, he pre-empts the green so is a bit ahead of me as I move off. He immediately takes a 45 degree path directly a metre in front of me aiming for my lane at the exit of the corner. So I'm on the picks and almost get cleaned up by the hoon behind me who had floored it assuming my CBR600 would tear off at the lights.

This follows a few days ago when I was walking through a back alley bordering a park and one of these guys decides he can't be bothered riding the 100m down the back alley to get to the main road on the other side of the park. He's up the gutter and starts riding straight across the park with young kids running around! Again, he couldn't work out why I was yelling at him. Then there was the bloke doing about 70 with his engine screaming down a local 40 street outside a school. The list goes on.

Seeing these things happen in NSW Motorcycle awareness week makes it all the more worrying. These blokes are making people aware of us for all the wrong reasons. As a group, these blokes are giving our community a bad name.

2. Well then, I for one wont be tipping them anymore!

Next time one cuts you off just reach over and steal his pizza, mmm stolen pizza :p

3. and they never nod back... :LOL:

4. Yep, similar thing happened to me by a dominoes guy.

I'm next to a bike in same lane, we're both turning right. I let him go first. Then the pizza scooter guy cuts me off to go right as well.

I let him have it at the next lights. Pulled in front of him, got off walked over and let rip.

Thing is I don't think it sunk in at all. 2 minutes later I saw him in my rear mirrors cutting off a car as he turned right.

5. Wotta tosser :evil:

6. Time to reach over and confiscate the keys. Find out the company they work for and report them. Tell the company you and your mates will not be buying their cardboard catastrophies unless they control their idiot delivery boys!

7. I guess you could always try calling workcover and make a complaint. :twisted:
    Those workcover bastards love a reason to harass people.

They probably dont have bike licenses being on little scooters and dont understand what will happen when a big 4w4 dosnt hit the brakes to avoid them.

Not really giving motorcycles a bad name, people see scooters as different, and motorbikes have a bad name already, always have since they were invented.
    Transport for hooligans :p

8. can't imagine that was too hard to do? :)

agreed that its not very nice what they do......but they're probably thinking if i'm late i don't get no tip or whateva

think you gotta treat those guys differently on the road like say buses, cop cars, taxis, cager L/P platers......when around them anything can and will happen!

9. bring some nails or pins, thru toward to his tyre! YEAH!

10. :LOL: :LOL:

then he'd better hope they do the job otherwise he'd get run over

11. :shock: Remind me not to get in a wrestling match with you.... :p :LOL:

Bobo's got a lot to answer for :!:

Fat Pizza; they're big and they're juicy.

(It's amore...)

12. give the guys doing this a break or benefit of the doubt......its a shitty job ( i did it at uni for awhile ).....just like any group of people you will get a few dickheads amongst them.

but that doesn't excuse stupid riding

13. Huh?

I thought it was the stupid riding that was being complained about, not the fact that they exist.

14. Yep, they get paid crap. $2 per delivery from memory, and they do 4 an hour.

Still no excuse for dangerous riding.

Motorcycle couriers on the other hand are as pushed for time, and I've seen them take shortcuts, but I can't recall a time I've seen them do something crazy (bike couriers on the other hand are a different story...)

15. nope, he's bagging all of them........ie the fact they exist.....remember that the next time you order a pizza! :LOL: :LOL:

16. I think some people here are forgetting that there is a mission that the pizza delivery person is trying to do...get the pizza from A to B still hot :LOL:

17. thats not very mature :roll:

18. That's life in the big city for you. Get over it.

19. heh. I loved being a pizza delivery driver. Spent my nights hooning around the back streets of O'Halloran Hill in my '77 Torana listening to mixtapes...

20. Dominoes riders get paid well. When my mate was 17 he was on $10.70 an hour, not including deliveries. They get paid in categories for deliveries based on Distance, A,B or C.

A = $1.10
    B = $2.20
    C = $3.30

Then there is tips. On a good night he would quite regularily get in excess of $20/hr.

Cheers,
    Josh