Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Saturday 11th Hooligan Hoon with Skuffy

Discussion in 'NSW' started by pete the freak, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Dudes,

This saturday the 11th of March me and Skuff and anyone else who wants to come along are going for a directionless ride through the streets of ole' Sydney town.

Meet at the Bondi Backpackers Hostel around 7pm for an evening of riding around...

Looks like we'll be heading up the Newport Arms for dinner, so it'll prolly be a trip north sticking to the coast roads as much as possible...

(Don't worry mods I'm just about put it in the calendar...) EDIT: Done & Done, and I mean done!!
  2. Yeeaaaahhhhh baby.

Looked up the Newport Arms on the web. looks like a HUGE place..... I also looked up www.whereis.com.au and got directions to Newport from Bondi.... 40km. Back to Bondi by about 11:00pm :grin: :grin:

Hey, just thought of something, do i have to pay tolls on the bridge and through the tunnels? I am thinking I may ride through the Electronic tolls as in Victoria we dont have bike tolls and just play stupid :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  3. Going north over the bridge is free, but prolly best to have some change handy anyway..
  4. It never occurred to me to look at our sig.... In a band, very cool.

By the way, I will give you my number: 0418965034
  5. Cheers dude, I can't actually save new numbers in my phone as it's fuct at the moment. Could you send me an SMS so that I can call you back form thenumber on the SMS. me-0412986167

I'll hook you up with a free CD of ours if promise to play it to everyone down in Melbourne...
  6. Your number is stored and I am about to send you an SMS.
  7. Count me in for this one fella's. Sounds like a bit of fun. What time & where you leaving from Mitch?
  8. You in Sydney at the moment Roarin???

We're leaving Bondi at about 7pm on Saturday night...
  9. Nah mate. Will be riding up with Mitch on Saturday (as long as he doesn't go all soft & take to the freeways :LOL: )
  10. Ah come on Roarin, we need to do a little freeway work.

Roarin and I went through the route last night and we will have to do some slabbing, not too much though. Its going to be great:
    Only stop for fuel, water and piss and No waiting for other people.

11. Yep, got a plan sorted. All good. Plenty of twisties to be enjoyed :grin: :grin:
  12. Phew!!!!!! What can I say. 3 days, 2950kms :LOL: :LOL: What a blast. A little bit of unavoidable freeway slabbing but the rest -yeee haaar. I won't bore you all with the details but some of the highlights.
    An early morning rip up through Flowerdale, Kinglake & Yea.
    Blasting through the Mansfield to Whitfield road
    A really, really quick blast from Myrtleford through to the Kiewa valley highway.
    Lanesplitting through Sydney. (Lets just say that Sydneysiders seem to take offence to Skuffy's judgement of a bike sized gap -on more than one occasion) I am still blushing after hearing some of the language used :shock: :shock:
    Bondi backpackers. By crikey there are some sights to be seen on a warm Saturday night let me tell you :LOL: :LOL:
    Royal national park. I don't think Skuffy & myself have made any friends among the Harley owners group in Sydney :roll: :roll: But come on fellas -60 odd bikes averaging 40km/hr through prime twisties -you can't really blame us can you?
    Macquarie pass and then Kangaroo valley shenanigans. Lets just say the 80km/hr limit is not really realistic. Not in our case anyway.
    There are some really nice high speed sweepers between Nowra & Narooma on the Princes highway. You just have to be travelling quick enough for them to tighten up for you :LOL: :LOL:
    A fantastic sidetrack from Bermagui through to Tathra & Bega. One of the best collections of left/right/left/right peg scrapers I have seen in a long while :LOL: The 400 becomes untouchable in this enviroment
    Brown Mountain. 60 km/hr. Yeah right.
    The last 50 odd km's into Jindabyne
    The Snowy mountains. The loop from Jindabyne, Berridale, Kiandra, Tumut, Batlow, Tumbarumba & Tintaldra. And Elliots way. Anyone got any idea how long a VFR400 will last bouncing off the speed limiter? It's longer than I can hang on to it, flinging it from peg to peg between sweepers. It did get a rest now & then though. Petrol stops are required :LOL:
    The River road from Tintaldra through to Granya.
    Granya gap.
    Then the reverse trip back through Myrtleford, Whitfield, etc etc.
    No speeding tickets. Not that I know of :grin:
    So there you have it. How to have the most fun possible in 3 days. Read it and weep. Cause you all missed out. Suckers.
    But I suppose we did miss out on the Reefton ride :cry: Hahahahaha.
  13. Happy to confirm that both Roarin and Sir Skuffy are both bloody lunatics.

Andrew, apologies for the language, the belching, the corn, the no more gaps, the felching, Home & Away and anything else we might have done to offend. We do things a bit differently up North.

Was a pleasure to see two masters of the art carving up my roads.

Those poor Commo drivers had no idea what hit them eh??

Give us bell next time you're coming up, be happy to follow you around trying to keep up... Still I didn't too bad for a cruiser rider??
  14. All is forgiven Pete. The steak & sights of the Newport arms made up for it all :LOL: :LOL: If you are ever down this way the favour will be returned :grin:
  15. Don't worry, I never forget favours owed...

Oh, yeah, forgot about those steaks!!! Could've replaced your seat with one of them... :LOL: :LOL:
  16. Roarin, your full of it, you still owe me a reeming :grin: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  17. And half your steak...
  18. ps you forgot the polished corn, rimming, south park, the 3 and a 1/2 minute Home & Away episode & resulting follow up show 9 months later.
    And the dirty girls :LOL: :LOL:
  19. Hey Roarin,

What were some of the other highlights.

1). Leaving early in the morning - damn cold
    2). The sun in the eyes going around the beds - always fun
    3). Whitfield is always a pleasure...... No crap on the road this trip
    4). Hmmmm, still no speeding tickets.
    5). The run into Canberra when it was not required. Oooops
    6). Your bike overheating
    7). Pissing off alot of cagers whilst lane filters at +120km/h.. I think ome of the truckies were a little upset also
    8). Always fun riding through Sydney
    9). The accommodation..... 0.5 star, but location location location
    10). The dinner ride OH and that awesome detour to Summer Bay.....
    11). Steaks and Scenery - Thanks Pete and to your misses, she is an absolute doll. Lucky man
    12). The babes at the bar in Bondi......

Now, for day 2.
    I think you covered it all.... :LOL:

Still cant believe no tickets.... Oh, i did reach the limites of the bike this weekend..... She wont go any harder until i strengthen the chasis and the forks.... She cant go any quicker in the bends... :cry: :cry:

Awesome time Roarin, thanks for coming along and making it as fun as you did. Next time, Byron Bay over three days.
  20. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :wink: