Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Route suggestions to North Ryde

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lui, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi all, need to go from Bankstown to North Ryde later in the week during morning peak hours, it appears the most direct route is Centenary Drive > Homebush Bay Drive > Concord Road > Lane Cove Road > Epping Road, but I can foresee it will be bumper to bumper during peak hours and from memory they have narrow lanes.

I was wondering if going through Five Dock > Lyons Road > Victoria Road > Ryde Road > Pitt Water Road > Epping Road would be a better option. It's about couple of km further which is not really a big deal.

Or can you suggest another route?

2. My guess is that most would be going the other way.....towards the city.
  3. I work in Homebush and Centenary drive is horrible everywhere during peak hour.

Luigi, your route will definitely save time but you will find choke points at five dock getting onto parra road and Epping road. Pittwater road is great but getting there is a problem.

Try a route through Silverwater road, Marsden road, and either go through Epping or Eastwood backroads

Leave at 630am :)
  4. Another vote for leaving early... Even leaving the Strathfield area at 7am instead of 8am heading to North Ryde makes a huge difference in traffic.
  5. Thanks guys. Need to get there before 8:30am, so will try to go early or go through Silverwater or Five Dock. Bottom line is to avoid Homebush.