Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Syd] Rides around/near to Northern Beaches

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by 2Fast, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

I've had my bike just over a month now and i'm getting sick of straight rodes, as i've mainly been commuting. There is one corner I can enjoy on my commute and that is depending on how the traffic is flowing... sad i know.

So, I live in Balgowlah, quite happy to travel a little way to the twisty roads, are there any nice rides you can suggest?

I know of Mcarrs Creek, but have not tried that out. Also, when you people say the "natio" (national park) what one are you most often referring to?

2. Natio = south side so a fair way to go for a few curves

This loop's fun, the Morgan Rd/Oxford Falls Rd creek crossing has been concreted, so just an inch or two of water on a smooth base to ride through

McCarrs Ck Rd, West Head, Akuna Bay, Cottage Point, Morgan Rd, Wakehurst Parkway

Do it early in the morning, leave say 8am and you can get through the West Head National Park gates before the Ranger gets there ~ 9am and Cottage Point has an OK general store sells coffee etc