Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Random message about WSID

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by 68IOU1, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi guys I got this message from someone today it has come from a 0400 number and this is as the message came to myself did someone send this or receive any messages like this from a 0400 number? As it reads

Drag racing tomorrow at wsid. Gates open at 3pm, racing starts at 4pm. $50 to race, $20 to watch. If you want to race be there early, let me know if your coming and keep an eye on the weather.

Would just like to know whom it was or how they got my number cheers Tony

2. Re: Random message about WSID

Have you given your mobile number on an entry form of any sort (as in racing or prize winning) at WSID??

3. Re: Random message about WSID

Nope not at all. Haven't been there in atleast 6 months

4. Re: Random message about WSID

Nah this is normal, if you've ever raced before you get the message. I got the message too!

5. The spam act requires them to have a tick box on the form saying that you agree to marketing, so you could ask for your form.

You can also send them a message to unsubscribe and they must not send any more messages.

6. Your correct vertical c, they don't have a checkbox, they're cowboys. All the same i wouldn't want to go out of my way to get them in trouble since it's like shitting in your own nest. In fairness I'm lucky to get 3 texts a year and it's always for last minute changes to events that were not planned. In this case they were messaging to say that the gates open 2 hours early on aust day. The reason for that is every Wednesday meet this year had been rained off, and the fans were whinging (myself included) on their facebook page.

Just politely write back saying unsubscribe.