Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(SYD) Pre-purchase inspections for a Hyosung?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by umirin, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Anyone here on netrider confident in doing a pre-purchase inspection for me?

I'm looking to pick up a 2010 Hyosung GT250R but have no experience at all with bikes, so I'd love someone to take a look for me.

Since it's still got a year left on the 2 year warranty.. It should be a pretty safe bet for a private inspection, right? I don't really wanna fork out $100-200+ for a mechanic to look at it for me since it has the warranty to fall back on.

Anyone care to add their 2 cents?

I've seen by searching that other netrider members sometimes do pre-purchase inspections for each other..

2. I just rocked up, had a quick look to make sure it wasn't leaking oil/had been dropped/sounded funny, went for a quick ride to make sure everything worked right, made sure the paperwork checked out and the guy looked legit.
    6 years old, and it's been going great for me.

By all means, if someone's willing to have a look it can't hurt, but odds are it'll be fine... Then again, i was considering buying a bike sight unseen off ebay lols
  3. I have a mate who is on his L's who is gonna come along with me if I can't find anyone else more experienced.. Maybe he will pick something up I miss! Thanks