Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Need a bike auto electrician

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Not4Resale, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Anybody know a good auto electrician that is good with bikes? I'm hesitant to take the bike to just anybody. I've mucked about for a bloody long time with an electrical issue and gotten to the point where even my mechanic is sick of the bloody thing.

I've managed to keep costs fairly low so far and don't really want to be handing someone a blank cheque with no promise of the problem being solved.

I'm hoping for someone around the sutherland shire area but i'll trek if the guy is good enough. I am just sick to death of this problem....

Even if someone knows a mechanic that might know something, any information is appreciated. I don't want to take the bike to an auto electrician that has never seen a bike before.
  2. whats the problem?
  3. Speedo only works when it wants to.

We've checked the Reg/rect, looked if everythings charging right, checked the speed sensor, thought it was coming from the odometer circuit, got new clocks, still have the same problem so looking for someone that knows electrics to dig out the problem.
  4. can you duplicate the wiring externally and isolate the wiring or the speedo that way?
  5. speak to veritron on these boards, hes electrical
  6. Cheers goz