Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Motorbike Parking on King St Query

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by taiheung, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Hey fellas,

Parked my bike on King St today (cnr of Clarence & King I think) and was walking back from lunch when I realised that the entire strip is a clearway due to "special event" from 4-7pm until early Jan '08.

I'm willing to be most of those riders who have parked there haven't noticed as there's no way they'd leave their offices to re-park in the middle of the day, where they won't be able to get a spot.

My question is: has anyone else parked their in the last 4 days and if they have, have they had to avoid/experience the towtrucks? Or have they seen bikes still parked there between clearway hours?

I need to know whether or not to move my bike to a shitty location @ 4pm or stand defiant with the rest of the motorbikes. :cool:

Cheers,
    Jase.

2. I'd find time to move it !

I've seen City of Sydney rangers move cars when the area becomes a clear zone. And boy, the tilt tray operators don't show any mercy on what type of car it is . . . eg. scraping front spoliers, attaching cables to steering arms etc ! - all of this on top of a fine !

Moving it also benefits society in general !

One of my traffic pet hate is when self centred car owners don't move their cars and hinder the flow of traffic for everyone else !!!!!!