Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Syd] MOST - Clyde or Campbelltown?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Johnskis, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking to book my MOST test sometime next week and I was wondering if anyone had taken their MOST test at either Clyde or Campbelltown? How are the instructors there and what is the surface like?

I did my pre learners at St Ives and they were excellent however they are just too far for me to travel early in the morning for a MOST test.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Re: MOST - Clyde or Campbelltown?

I did my MOST at clyde and can't say I could fault the instructors but it is underneath the M4 and can be noisy at times.

3. Re: MOST - Clyde or Campbelltown?

I did my MOST at clyde, instructor was an absolute prick, but that was some time ago now.
    K

4. Re: MOST - Clyde or Campbelltown?

Ive done my L's and my P's at Clyde and both times i have had good insstructors, but thats not to say you will get the same people.

When i was doing my P's, this one instructor was absolutely going nuts at this guy in a group of L's learners. seems like he couldnt grasp the tecchnique they showed to mount and dismount the bike.

5. Ditto karl. I had a male instructor who was a nazi. Yelled at me for not dragging my rear brake when starting. Kept us there for half an hour after every other group left to sort out the certificates.
    Lucky I practiced every weekend prior and got a perfect score in the test.
    On the other hand, I also did my pre L's at Clyde and had a lady who was very nice. So it's kinda pot luck with who you get.

My mate did his at Campbelltown and said the instructors there are very loose in terms of what you can get away with.

6. I did MOST at Clyde and I agree, the instructor was a twat. But that was his job. Because he was a twat you listened to what he said the little bit more. His job is to ensure that when you leave the venue you are a slightly better rider.

No instructor WANTS to fail you. They just don't want you to die.

7. I did my L's and MOST at Clyde, both instructors were great.

8. Me and the missus did our L's at Clyde and our P's at Campbelltown.

You would need to have thicker skin as the instructor's at Clyde can be a bit harsh, but their students are a higher quality that pass.

Campbelltown they are laid back and more gentle in their delivery. You feel more like it's a mate showing you how to do stuff, rather than a drill sergeant demanding your ability to be at their minimum standard.

I'd say you'd improve more from the sessions at Clyde, but it's mentally easier and more forgiving at Campbelltown.

9. I did my L's and MOST in Clyde. Both my instructors were top blokes, but I've heard some of them are pricks. My friend said one instructor slapped people in the back of the helmet when they made mistakes. I'm not sure how helpful that would be but I guess if you pay attention you won't get slapped.