Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Syd, M5 East (east bound tunnel) Speed camera location ????

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mickyb V9, May 13, 2007.

1. Does anyone know exactly where the camera is ?

The speed limit is 80 isn't it ??

Something went flash when I went through today ! :?
    I think its was a truck behind me flashing his lights, but thinking about it now - I might have got done ! :eek:
  2. All over the place in those tunnels. Assume you are on teh camera the whole way.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. The speed limit is variable, dependant upon what illuminated signs show.

Speed camera (both directions) is at the bottom on the flat section, you will notice 3x illuminated speed signs showing the current speed limit on the right hand wall, when you reach the 2nd sign, look up and to your right, you will see big brother and the loop is also in the road.
  4. holy crap, don't tell me it was a 70km/h weekend !! :evil:

Thats pretty much around the centre of the tunnel hey !
    double crap !!!! :evil: :evil:

I'm sure I was only doing 80 though
  5. A: The cameras don't flash... forget about the flash, just worry about the speed you were doing ...

The cameras have to have the illuminated speed sign in the photo so they show proof that the speed was displayed...

Speed to your hearts content, brake at the speed signs... :grin:

6. Yep can confirm, it's where there are 2 (3 maybe) electronic speed signs are. It's in the same spot west bound.
  7. I was with the flow of traffic, so it may have been another car beihind me, oh well, we'll just wait and see what comes through the mail !
  8. Can anyone confirm the same question for the Cross City Tunnel??
  9. Cross city tunnel Wesbound you will see (after the northbound exit) at the bottom of the valley a speed sign, that is the camera location. Eastbound is just before you commence going uphill you will see the speed sign, it is there.