Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD]Looking for somebody to interview - Community radio

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by greenie-colin, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Howdy,

Newbie on this forum and should come clean about this: I only joined to ask for something.

I am doing a series of interviews for my local community radio station (2CCR FM 90.5, which covers the Hills and Cumberland areas of Sydney). The interviews are about practical environmental stuff ordinary folks can do, i.e. home / backyard / commuting. So far have done solar power, bicycle commuting, keeping hens, electric cars.

I want to interview somebody who has *recently* (no more than one year) switched to commuting by motorcycle. I do mostly commute by bike, but have been doing it on and off for many years. Plus I don't want to interview myself.

So if you are in the station's coverage area and up for the interview, please contact me. The interview would be about your reasons for the switch, experiences, advantages, advice to anybody thinking about it. I'm mainly hoping to provide useful info to the sort of person who has had the thought "I wonder what it would be like to ride a motorcylce to work?", but doesn't have a huge amount of experience.

PS I proposed amendments to the NSW Greens policy to reduce motorway tolls for bikes, which are now part of their transport policy.

thanks heaps
    Colin

2. Re: Looking form somebody to interview

Nice work :)
    Good luck for the interview.