Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Kathmandu - Birkenhead Point (Drummoyne) Sale

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Haggismaen, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Hey guys, just thought I would give all the Sydney riders a heads up about a sale over at Birkenhead Point. I thought with winter coming up they are selling some damn useful stuff for riding and clothing in general. It's an outdoorsy sorta store so lots of useful camping and outdoors stuff. Nearly everything is marked down by at least 40%.

I'll give you a list of what I picked up:

- Pocket Handwarmers (2 of them in a pack, the reusable gel stuff with the metal clicky in them) - $4.95

- Thermal Long Sleeve Top - $19.45

- Thermal Long John Tights - $19.45

- Thermal gloves - $8

- Fleece Balaclava - $14.95

- Twin-pack of thermal socks - $13.95

- Emergency foil blanket - $4

Hopefully these will go a long way to keeping me toasty warm during winter rides (especially to and from Canberra) as well as getting me through the Canberra winter when I finally move down there.

Hope you find this tidbit of information useful.
  2. Yep.
    Stores around Australia and NZ

The sale ends sunday. Lots of good gear cheap.

I got a good, cheap self inflating airbed. Was going to buy a neck warmer, but my SO was with me and offered to knit me one. :grin:

They also have some high quality compression bags at a pretty good price. These let you squash 'squashy' things like sleeping bags, clothes, etc down to a really small volume so you can get more in a pannier, top box or gearsack when touring.