Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] . . I thought she was only a hardcore lezzo-dyke !

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mickyb V9, May 20, 2007.

1. Sounds good, hope they implement it and many more bike-city friendly things. + it will suck if they only allow scooters to park there, instead of bikes as well.
  2. What's someones sexual preference got to do with scooters & footpath parking??? :roll:
  3. They will allow bikes !

Besides, Clover has to satisfy her Guzzi California and V-Star riders ! :p
    Not that there is anything wrong with that !

Apologies if i'm stereotyping riders of those bikes !
    But its the truth, its their choice of cruisers !
  4. I wish they'd do it here.. Theres only one place where there is bike parking..
  5. I'm taking the piss Bill !
    Clover Moore, our Sydney Lord Mayor has great support from the G&L community. She is often seen with a choker (its her signature image, together with her lezzo haircut :LOL:) and appears on mardi-gras floats !

Truthfully though, I know someone who works in her office, she isn't that way inclined, she has a husband and kids.

6. I ride a vtr250 :p Whilst my gf has a v-star 650, she still loves my bike too :p
  7. Where is here?

On topic, what do you mean they "have to work out how they will do it"? It's not hard, jsut say "now you can park on the footpath, like those COOL people in Melbourne."
  8. I don't think it'd work in Sydney as well as in Melbourne. At some points the footpath is absurdly narrow. Already have problems getting around some people that can't chew and walk at the same time (especially the people hanging around the central station end), let alone a bike holding me up.

Still, it'd be full of awesomeness if it went ahead.
  9. As long as bikes were only allowed to park where it doesn't interfere with pedestrians (like in Melbourne) there wouldn't be a problem.
  10. Excellent news. If only the other city authorities were like Melbourne and Sydney.

I wonder what other measures they might take to encourage scooter and motorcycle use in the city. This is a great step but hopefully there are other actions they are taking.

11. If they did implement it, it would only be on certain streets I think. As Marlon said, you wont see bikes up on the pavement along the main parts of George/Pitt Street. And is it just limited to the CBD? Or all parts of Sydney?

But it will be fantastic to allow them even to park on the pavement along the existing bike parking on Sussex Street for example where the walkway is huge.
  12. No tolls would be a good start.
  13. Ban cars! :twisted:
  14. Not charging f**king ridiculous amounts for CTP would be another.

$600 for a 600cc bike? Get f**ked you f**king thieves! C**ts.

15. Or better still, the whole State like it is in Victoria.....