Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD Eastern Suburbs] Looking for someone to teach me how to change brake pads and coolant. will pay

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by daedalus, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have a Kawasaki GPX250

I would like to replace the brake pads and change the coolant.

can someone that lives nearby help me change the brake pads and/or coolant, whilst teaching me?

I will of course pay you for your time

I live in the Eastern Suburbs (Kingsford).

thanks!

2. Come to wednesday Randwick coffee night (see NSW events) tonight. Bring your pads and I will do them for you there. I can also help with coolant but you will probably need to do that at home.
    K

3. Have you tried youtubing it? I found that helpful when doing brake pads for the first time, it's really simple.

4. I've got a booking to replace my pads next week. I was under the assumption you need to bleed/replace the fluid after replacing them and that it wasn't something you could do without the correct equipment. Is this incorrect?

5. How much will you pay?

6. not necessarily. brake fluid doesn't last forever, so if you do the interval, and are changing pads do it at the same time.

7. Usually advisable simply because when you put thicker pads on you'll need less fluid - and if you have to take some out you may as well change it at the same time. Besides, brake fluid's cheap and something you really should be replacing every 12 months.

Only equipment needed is a spanner for the bleed valve, a length of rubber hose (or a brake bleeder kit from an auto store), and something to collect the old fluid in (old jam jars work fine). You don't need to drain the lines then refill unless replacing the lines, simply drain at one end and keep topping up the reservoir until you notice the fresh fluid coming through.

8. A gutter with a nearby storm drain also does well.

9. mate, have you changed your coolant yet?

I live in Maroubra, have a gpx and I would also like to know...

maybe we can help each other out lol