Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD]Draft motorcycle & scooter strategy; open for comme

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mickyb V9, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Got a bit of a fright when i walked back to my bike and found one of those yellow state debt recovery envelopes (the ones for parking fines)
    behind my screen.

Turned out to have a notice about this proposal in it.

Someone has a very warped sense of humour handing out the flyers in those envelopes!
  2. Not my business, but I would offer three words of advice:
    Footpath. Parking. Now.

3. Titus, Sydney will NEVER get footpath parking...

Its been addressed in the draft and is due to Sydney having narrower footpaths than Melbourne and Sydney trying to provide better pedestrian experience in the city rather than worse.

...and they say that you can have FREE access to ticket parking zones within the timeframes and I think that it is a very fair policy for bikes.

I also like the proposal to provide more dedicated untimed motorcycle parking, in areas that have previously been 'no stopping' areas in order to maintain visibility.

Overall, I think its a fair effort. I struggle to think of additional provisions that could be made (as many don't affect me anyway) without screwing up some other aspect of city life.