Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Syd: Does anyone know where I can hire a CB250?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Kurtis_Strange, Nov 22, 2005.

1. I'll be sitting my licence in the next few weeks and need to get some time in on a geared bike, just sold my scooter...

Stay Upright use CB250s for their course and I can hire one on the day for $140 but that seems a bit expensive, and I deally I'd like to practice on one a few days prior to the test then use that bike for the practical.

It doesn't have to be a CB but needs to be a 250 I think.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for hire in Sydney?

2. sydney motorcycle wreckers at alexandria hire out bikes. theyre old but they do the job. theyre in alexandria. not sure of their number but its probably easily found in the phone book.

edit:
    23 Euston Rd
    Alexandria 2015
    NSW Australia

Phone:
    + 61 02 9565 5788
    Fax: + 61 02 9565 4177

3. You may have a bit of difficulty hiring a bike if you aren't fully licenced. I'd hate to imagine what they would charge a learner for insurance.

4. thanks for your help guys

5. Well we hired from a place in toongabbie... brand new CB250's and we had them for the day when we had our L's. Great guys... and I think it was $100 for the day.. I cant remember the name of the place although they also hire harleys.. They also do custom choppers..

If I remember the name i will contribue again..

6. Just flicking through the paper on a work mate's desk.

There's an add from bikeescape.

Says "Mention The Epoch Times for 10% off & Free T-shirt"