Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Syd CBD] parking for free in private carparks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by daedalus, Sep 24, 2009.

1. has anyone tried parking for free in private carparks? i.e when leaving just go around the gate arm?

i think this would work at one where there are no operators. however would they chase you up via security cameras?
  2. They'd probably leave giant 'DONT PARK HERE' stickers on your bike. Best thing to do is have a chat to the operators about bike parking and if there are any spots too small for cars and just going to waste at the moment. May lead to free or more likely very cheap parking.
  3. but they would only find out if they check the cameras AFTER you leave
  4. I'm not aware of any unstaffed parking stations though? If you regularly park there they will crack the shits.

My brother often parks our car at a certain parking station, something like $10-15 for the day - but after 6pm they just leave the boom gates up as there is no staff to collect $. And my bro leaves after 6, so never has to pay. Despite this, they cottoned on and started slapping giant stickers on the car.

Anyway, if you do just go past the boom gate and park in there - choose a spot that only a bike can fit into so its not taking up a car space.
  5. sorry what i meant by unstaffed was that there are no staff guarding the exit, just automated gates. maybe the staff are in another room monitoring

is that parking station in syd cbd? can u tell us which one?
  6. No, not in the city at all unfortunately.
  7. Tresspassing comes to mind with this topic.

By entering the car park you are agreeing to comply with the conditions of entry and would be expected to pay.
  8. There's several in Melbourne that you can park at - the one under the QV Centre in Lonsdale Street and quite a few others.