Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SYD] Café-racer FZX250, LAMS, long rego ($3,200 ONO)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Peaches, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

My beloved 1999 FZX250 Zeal is up for sale!

My little Badger, as she is known, has been modified to make it look more like a café racer.

It has done just over 45,000 km and has long rego till late September 2010. I got her when she had around 35,000 km. I am the third owner of the bike, and have the papers for what I’ve done to her (services, cam chain tensioner change etc). Last service was around 5,000 km ago. Papers will be provided upon sale of bike.

The badger has a solid Yamaha detuned i4 engine, and is excellent as a commuter and for weekend riding. It looks pretty nifty with its aggressive bars and gunmetal grey tank. Starts first go every time, just remember to use the choke especially in the cold!

My chain has been lubed and taken care off regularly, and her tyre pressure checked and maintained.

It has:
    Café racer bars from Z Power. (I’ve got the original bars to go with it)
    Custom headlight & Bracket
    A/M bar ends
    Carb manifolds replaced about 6,000 km ago (cost me $600 to get them fitted)
    A/M round indicators to make it look more café-racerish.
    Pirelli sport demon front and rear, has at least another 4 – 5,000 KM to go.

Usual wear and tear with a few stone chips. Tank has a small chip and rust spot.
    Seat is slightly worn. I’m not fussed about it but if you want to change it, it will cost you about $70 – 100 depending on getting it reupholstered.
    Had a small stationary drop recently, and there’s a small dent (barely noticeable) on one of the exhausts. Also a chip in the tail’s side following the drop.

Asking price is $3,200 ONO. Price is negotiable as long as it’s a reasonable offer. Post or PM me if you’re interested, or if you have any questions :)

Bike will be available after this Friday for viewing :)

Reason for selling : Upgrade bought as I’m moving on to my fulls in Jan.

Pics of the Badger below, taken by Tonbi and Rybky.

2. The badger has been sold. Thanks all! :)

3. What did ya upgrade to Ruthie?
  4. hey JP!!!

How are you? Long time no see/ ride together :p When are you coming up Sydney way? would love to hit some twisties with you!!

I've upgraded to a VTR1000f. I love my V twins ;) was going to get a Buell XB9R but I couldn't afford one and I'm too short (can barely tippy toe), but then I came across Bella:

I love the SPs but again they're too big for me ](*,) but Bella's got lowered/cut suspension, shaved seat which makes it easier for me. Came with high rise Staintunes, seat cowl, belly pan, aftermarket shock and spring, carbon fibre bits and bops, AM front brakes, ventura rack and gear etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.