Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SWM Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Grievance, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I searched for a thread re subject but couldnt find one. I was looking at maybe getting this bike:

Gran Milano 440 - Classic Bikes - SWM Motorcycles

I have emailed Melbourne distributor Mojo Motorcycles for information but havent heard back. Does anyone know when these will be released and a rough price?

Is there anyone else excited for these/this particular model? I can see myself riding this, as I dont need much power, till the end of my days :)

Cheers,
    Dave

2. #2 cjvfr, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    The Australian distributor will be the only one that will know for certain. The bike will need to be checked to Australian Design Rules and the local distributor will probably be the one guiding that along. Don't know much about them, they used to make trials and enduro bikes. I thought they had closed up but a quick Google shows they have been resurrected.

3. Nice looking bike

4. wow that's a good looking bike!....reminds me a bit of Laverda's in the 1970's :)

5. Neat design, a modern take on a cafe racer.

6. Looks like SWM has been bought by Shineray.

7. Good or bad, I now get to drool over the Gran Milano 440 till its reviewed :p

8. Yes Shineray supplied the cash but manufacturing is in Italy and the CEO of the company is Ampelio Macchi who has been with Cagiva and Husqvarna so he knows the engineering side of bikes. It will be interesting to see how they go.

9. If anyones interested, going by their facebook page, it doesnt appear they have ramped up production for this particular model yet. Ill be keeping a close eye on it and repost with updates.

10.  Top
    • Informative Informative x 2