Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Switchblade Screen Adustment

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Dtrain, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Hello All .just started on here bought a yamaha xvs 1100 with a switchblade screen when you remove it and then out it back on it is loose and you have to tighten the allen key screws it dosen't seem right any ideas thankyou Dtrain

2. Hi DtrainDtrain,
    It sounds like the mounts haven't been put on properly.
    They may also be on the wrong sides if that's possible.
    I'd take them all off, fit the mounts to the screen and then measure where everything sits and compare that to your bike.
    If everything is fitted in the correct spots then you shouldn't need any tools to fit and remove the screen.

Look forward to your welcome post too.
  3. #3 pod, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    I have no problem with mine. The brackets can be put on upside down I guess. The bottom clips are a fixture and don't move. The top ones are designed to turn as you clip the screen on or off. If they don't turn freely then that may be loosening the screws. I just looked up the fitting instructions and the studs are different length on mine. The instructions state that the longer must be to the top.