Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

swingarm pivot wear

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by OldBellHelmet, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ive got about 5000km on the er6 and was giving the chain a tidy today and as i dropped her back on the deck there was a bit of a knock out of the swingarm pivot.. question is.. is this normal ?. torque was right and had the appearance of never been fiddled with. what do you reckon about warranty on that kind of part ?. if its normal wear fair enough but seems pretty short.

2. Ridiculously low kms for significant wear in anything, unless you've spent them all off road!
    Can you detect any sideways play at the end of the swingarm?
  3. didnt check for any sideways movement but i did let off the nut and the noise got louder and then when re-torqued the noise reduced. reason for asking the question was the low k's. makes no sense to be worn already
  4. I'm not familiar with the bike or the nut, can you access a manual to get the correct torque for it?
  5. yep. have done that.
  6. fixed. had a funny noise that kwaka sorted out in the final drive and they sorted the pivot.