Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sweet whispers of freedom (first ride)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by BuckNasty, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Finally got me licence yesterday at motorcycle motion... top blokes, and picked up up a baby bandit in the evening. Couldn't ride as it was late and couldn't sleep either cos of excitement. This morning I crawled outta bed earlier than usual and the sacred initiation ritual begun. Rode up and down me street a few times, got comfortable and took to the quieter roads. Before I knew it I was on normal roads and revving the tits off the bike. One hell of a buzz i tell ya.

Anyhoo, will nod to all of you on the road and will be looking out for any group activities to learn more from you boys and girls.

Say, anyone knows where I can procure me a suzy gsf 250 manual?
  2. Congratulations.

Some people feel at home on a bike pretty quickly and you sound like one of them. But when things go wrong, things can get ugly pretty quickly. It takes time to build skills so take it easy for a little. Taking it easy never killed anyone but overconfidence has.

Hope to catch you on a ride some time.
  3. Welcome aboard.

Start meeting like minded individuals ------ > here
  4. yeah i remember first time on roads, granted it was only 2 months ago. i grasped it all pretty quickly, but take it slow. a few close calls already n you realise that.

5. Congrats mate, and good call on the bike, I'm having heaps of fun on my Bandit as well. I'm also on the lookout for a manual for mine, if I find any I'll let ya know. See ya out there :cool:
  6. Welcome to NR.

Below is the link from another page from this forum asking for the same thing.

Also going to the learner rides would help with your riding quite a bit. I go myself and it's great fun.

I hope the link above still works btw >.<
  7. Thanks for the reminder guys before i get too comfortable. will sure be careful out there.