Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Swap Meats?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lordtb, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I have heard of car swap meats of all sorts, old, new, sports etc.

But only once ever have I heard of a Motorbike swap meat... and it was in a doco on bike gangs in Australia... SO do they exist?? do people go to them?? where are they?? How about we set one up?

2. I'll swap 2 kilos of pork sav's for a free range chook
  3. I think there was one up Alexandra way recently. Car and bike combo.
  4. heheh I was thinking the same when i saw the title
  5. I think there is something of that ilk at the Southern Classic October 1 Broadford. CHeck the NR calendar or www.hmrav.org.
  6. yeah...
    meets not meats. meets are for vegetarians, meats are for omnivores. (can we please not have a "discussion" about "human: omnivore or carnivore" or, "omnivores have as much right to go to meets as vegetarians" or even, "vegetarians suck, but they dont suck meat."
  7. Yeah, I'llswap some meat with ya........no wait, I don't know you well enough.

If you were talking about a swap meet then I see you made an error :p:p:p
  8. I think the technical term for "swap meat" is "organ transplant".

Motorcycle swap meets aren't all that unusual - Broadford next weekend, Alexandra at the annual bike show, Birdwood (SA) last weekend, Shepparton the weekend before. They tend to focus on vintage & veteran parts. They rarely end up like Milpera.
  9. During a ride, I stopped at Warragul and there were advertisements for a show 'n' shine there.
    Sometimes the patch clubs hold Tattoo, Show'n'shine and swap meets. I believe they are advertised in the Harley Davidson type magazines.
    Its been a while since my local newsagent stocked these.
  10. sorry for the spelling...

I'll look into the swap meets and perhaps ogonise a ride to one??
  11. Worth checking out the Ballarat swap meet in Feb, mostly a car swap but there's usually one section that's predominantly bike parts. Bendigo swap meet also tends to have a few bikes and parts.
  12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You beat me too it :D
  13. I'll swap 2 kilos of pork sav's for a free range chook[/quote]

this is one subject i'm able to help out with. What kind of meat you need?

I kill lamb and beef but can kill the occasional pig

14. hey thats what i normally point out in others people threads, go get your own idea....... :LOL: :p
  15. :LOL: You'd think that an apology to spelling would ensure that the rest of the post wouldn't have any spelling mistakes...I think we know what to get pete when his birthday comes up :LOL: :LOL:
    ogonise = organise :p :p
  16. oh come on.. my spelling in not THAT bad??

Though I did post a question regarding Accrosses once...

But seriously... perhaps we could oRganise a swap mEEt here in Melbourne??
  17. well this certainly meets with my approval!! :LOL: