Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Swann Maxirider - Changed Circumstances and cancelled policy

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by mjt57, May 28, 2011.

1. Recently I emailed Swann to advise it of changed circumstances for my motorcycle policy.

The reply that I got was OK, will update it.

Then a few days later I got a note "to thank me for my patronage in the past". Basically it was to advise that my policy was now cancelled and that any outstanding monies would be refunded.

WTF, as they say in the classics.

I contacted Swann and said that NO, I did NOT want my policy cancelled. I was merely UPDATING it.

Anyway, got a reply, apologies, etc. Policy was reinstated. However, this time the premium has gone UP $50.

I got the letter yesterday but haven't had time to read it until today.

This has been the only time I've had to talk to Swann, having never needed to make a claim.

In the email, I replied to each one with the entire contents of the previous corro in it, so there's an easy-to-follow snail trail. Each person who's written to me has been different.

Obviously they don't talk to each other.

I'll call them on the phone for this one. Sometimes, email corro just doesn't cut it.
  2. What was the change?