Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Swan tyre and rim insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by GuJohnno, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Has any one had any experience with Swans tyre and rim insurance?

Costs a bit over $400.00 and lasts for 3 years.
    Covers you for 2 (or is it 3?) tyres per year up to $350.00 and one rim per year worth up to $1,000.00
    (Figures are from memory and likely to be inaccurate :grin: )

Seems if you make 2 claims in the three years and your infront.
  2. Yeah i have tyre and rim insurance with them also. Got it when i purchased the bike :) I didnt think much of it but when i put her in for a service the dude asked me if i had tyre insurance, cause my rear was on the way out, he happily wacked a nail in the rear and replaced the tyre with a brand spanking metz M3 :LOL: Filled out the claims. Yeah simple stuff and great value for money.
    The front will be on its way out soonish. i cant tell ya the name of the shop though :LOL:
  3. Cool!

Wow, that's sounds so cool! I've had the same insurance purchased too. It'll be sweet if I can get hold of somebody who would do that trick for me! :oops:
  4. JUst dont go wacking nails in ur tyres when there is no tread left! U wont be-able to claim it then :LOL:
    Make sure u have atleast 1 or 2 mil of tread left :wink:
  5. I don't think we need that sort of advice on here for the insurance companies to hear. That sort of work is what makes our insurance go up in price.