Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Cam2318, Sep 25, 2016.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  1. I've gone down the swag path in the past and I agree with Pompy, a small lightweight 2 man tent is far more comfortable for hardly any extra weight and bulk. In many cases even less weight and bulk. A bivvy bag might be the ultimate on minimalism but they're a pain to get in and out of.
  2. Swags suck so much. I was more excited than anything getting a car when I was younger and buying a swag and hitting the road and sleeping wherever I wanted and I finally went shopping for swags and they all fcuking SUCKED. As said, a lightweight 2 man tent is what you want - more roomy, is sometimes easier to set up, packs down smaller, is lighter, and is better in about every way you can think of, except you can't call it a swag because it's a tent.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. I've never understood the concept.
  4. #7 12STR, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    I have this swag, and it's great. That price isn't real flash though...

I use mine mostly for work, where a tent is not suitable. Rolled up with my sleeping bag (or blanky) and pillow inside it, It's far more compact than any tent will be. (Once you factor in having to pack your sleeping bag and pillow somewhere.)

Random factoid: I've done a river crossing where I used it as a flotation device, and everything inside was dry as a bone when I rolled it out that night.
  5. Once a jolly tentman camped by a billabong...

Never tried a swag, but they look a bit claustrophobic.