Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SV650s not for me but good bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Scorpious31, Sep 28, 2006.

1. I went to one of the local Dealers that I have been frequenting in my search for an upgrade.I have seen /sat on ect so many my heads spinning.
    He agreed to let me take a Suzuki SV 650s home as a test ride since I had short listed it.
    Well the power and response was great but I found that after 45 minutes my wrist started to hurt and doing 100kph for 10 minutes my shoulders started to burn.

Stopping was also a problem as being only 5 ft 4 with short legs and arms I was balancing on almost tip toes and kept banging my lower leg on the foot peg when putting my one foot down.

A little disheartened with the exercise and I think I should stick with the cruisers

I can’t fault the bike, 2001 model. From what I see is just a size and position of my own build that has held me from this great bike.I didn’t feel right in the position with me over the tank and my legs under me.

If anyone has comments or ideas for a bike above 500cc and below 1100 for a vertically challenged rider I would like to hear them. Unfortunately a new one is out of the question