Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SV 650 Bars

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by gazz, May 12, 2010.

1. Hi all. I recently got me an SV 650s. I would have preffered the sit up naked version, but this was too good to pass up. What im wondering now is, if its possible to put bars from a naked on the S? Anyone done it? Are the cables long enough? Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. can be done and not uncommon...you can buy kits to do it, specific to your bike model, should include everything you need for the conversion...but, i'd say you'd be looking at around a grand.

maybe check out street fighter or sv650 specific forums... i think i've seen some nice custom sv6fiddies on here too.

there are advantages to the bike being set up the way it is though if you take the time to get used to it... might get to like/appreciate it
  3. theres heeeeeeaps of info on svrider.com
  4. Oh, and the cables are not long enough.
  5. Order a set of cables from the naked? Would the switchblock wires be long enough then though...
  6. Thanks everyone for the info & links. It does have heli bars on it & i dont hate the riding position. I'm in no real rush to change it, but will do more research & see what happens.
    Just had a thought... Would it be possible to move the clip on bars ABOVE the triple clamp?
    Thanks Again