Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki TU250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by yob_job, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever heard of these bikes? or know anything about them?
    i have searched them up but theres not many for sale.
    and i am trying to work out if they are actually good bikes.

anyone with any info i would really appricate it.
  2. The "TU 250" tag was actually applied to a few bikes - including the Japanese only Grasstracker and Grasstracker Bigboy (one of the stupidest bike names ever). I'm assuming though you're referring to the TU250X that was sold here officially (also known as a Volty in other markets. Basically it's just a restyled version of the earlier GN250 cruiser - a simple, air-cooled single which produced a fairly modest amount of power (around 20hp if I remember right). If looked after the engine will run pretty much forever and fuel economy is excellent - just don't expect to get much more than 80kph out of it. Sales were never that great simply because of the low-performance and the fact the styling was never popular. Basically a good cheap city commuter if you can do your own maintenance work - but if you're after something for highway/touring use or to throw through the twisties then probably best to look elsewhere.