Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki SV650 learner legal?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dastrix, Aug 8, 2007.

1. I heard there was a variation that was...???

2. Not in Australia. I was looking into buying a restrictor from the UK but wouldn't have been able to get the appropriate manufacturers paperwork.
  3. crap! looks like a Hyo GT650RL then...
  4. If only! I'd have a sv650s in an instant..
  5. 650

Guys just get yourself one of these http://www.hyosung.com.au/Products/GT650R.html
    Hyosung have been making motors for Suzuki since the 70.s and all you have to do when on full licence is remove restictor

My wife has a GV650L and they are learner legal as for the GT650R can be made learner legal

6. The restricor for the 03-> pointy models is simply a new ECU, just unplug the old one and plug in the new one, which was why I was seriously trying to get hold of the ECU and paperwork from Suzuki, with no luck :cry: It's so easy, why won't Suzuki do it?
  7. OH OK I am not that bike savvy,I thought you where just looking for a 650 learner legal bike
    My error,sorry

I Just had a look at the 07 SV650 ,me I'm an old cruiser man,lol
  8. the SV650 isnt LAMS approved , go the Hyosung 650L ..
  9. Then when your unrestricted get an SV1000S :)