Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Sv650 2002 Restrictors?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by coglata, Dec 3, 2011.

1. hey, i was wondering if there was any place i could get a restrictor installed.
    is there a restrictor for a Sv650?

• Like Like x 1
  2. for LAMS compliance? None that I know of.
  3. Nope. I don't think there's a single LAMS first gen SV. They only brought out the leaner version in the pointy (2nd) gen bikes, and it's all in the ECU afaik.
  4. There were some restricted r6's or cbr6s floating around Sydney. But i am sure that the RTA made lams compliance difficult to get.

Too much trouble for an sv, buy a newer one
  5. You could put in the carby slides from the older Hyosung GT650's, that would lower the power into the LAMS arena. However, it would not make the bike LAMS compliant. IIRC to be LAMS the model must appear on the RTA's (or your local equiv.) list.

You can put the normal carby slides from the SV650 into an older GT650 to derestrict it and it will remain LAMS (as long as you don't tell the RTA) however you cannot go back the other way and get SV650 into LAMS.