Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

suzuki recall

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cycochild, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Received a letter today from Suzuki recalling my vl 800 c 50 2008 model ,they need to replace the regulator/rectifier has anyone else received this letter and had the part replaced was there any problems with the dealer? i rang the bike shop today guy said i have to bring the letter up first so they can sight it take the rego down and want to know how many klms is on bike dont why they need rego and klms but well see what happens

2.  Top
  3. This recall has been out for almost a year now. I had my 2009 M90's replaced a week after purchase, free of charge. Thankfully mine only refused to charge the battery rather than produce flames.

4. yep got my letter in the mail today also

5. Sorry to hear about that guys. Glad nothing serious happened.

I guess I'll steer clear of the GSXRs.
    :D

6. It's nothing to be too concerned about. The glue on the reg/rec was the "wrong kind" and can sometimes let go in hot conditions, causing it to stop charging the battery and in some cases preventing starting the bike.
    It took about 10 minutes to replace the one on my K8 GSX650F, and I waited until I had it booked in for service anyway...
    Mine was also done without a letter as I bought the bike 2nd hand just as the recall started; I just gave the VIN to the dealer when I booked, so they can confirm your model is one that's subject to recall, and (possibly) that it hasn't already been done.

7. Are there any more details on this recall? Model/Year? Or just Suzuki's in general.

Im looking to upgrade my bike soon, and the GSXR was the top of my list :(

8. Cheers :D

9. And there was me tyhinking that Suzuki don't make 'em like they used to :twisted:.

10. That's a bit late, I got the letter and had mine done months ago.

11. That looks exactly like the regulator on every single Honda I've ever owned.

12. Qyhe8.

13. Suzuki make rubbish

14. okay took bike to action suzuki parra this morning was there 20 mins had rectifier changed no problems ,the bloke at hills suzuki told me they had a back log and would take 2 to 3 weeks ,action had the part in a day rang me and told me ,happy happy joy joy,i dont why people have to start putting shit on a brand of bike because a part which is properly not made by the manufacture fails or is recalled.

15. Because your tears are sweet, sweet nectar, and definitely worth venturing out from under the bridge for.

• Like Like x 1