Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

suzuki madness

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by smiley235, May 25, 2008.

1. The other day, some1 I know bought a gsxr 750 and they offered to let me take it for a spin. :-O. Now I'm still on my P's and was reluctant but eventually gave in to my desire and took it for a spin. This thing was so quick I couldn't believe it were true. My across seems like a BMX in comparison. Up until that day, the quickest vehicle I had been in was a modified r34 gtst. Even the fact that I was in the wrong gear going slowly at one point but it still had heaps of torque to still go, whereas the across would have failed miserably. And yes, I was to my embarrassment shaking a bit when I got off the bike. Anyway, its been 2 days since, and the vision of the event is still appearing in my head so I had to vent my glee in this post. And if the 750's go this hard, how much quicker are the 1000's?

2. LOL, so what are you saving for now? :p

I've got a Gix thou K8, the power is orgasmic :grin:
  3. imagine how you'd be feeling if you rode the far superior honda! :shock:
  4. :jerk:
  5. sour grapes? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. hahaha. no seriously, yamahas and honda are much better :p
  7. Nah, i've always liked the look of them and am hoping to be able to afford gsxr by then end of the year when I'm nearly off restrictions. :grin:
  8. Sour grapes?

Nah not at all man, I've ridden all the supersport thou's and I prefered the Gix and the R1.

Personal preference.

Look at the stats of each of em and make up your own mind :LOL:
  9. good question actually, whats a reliable source for performance stats?
  10. i did.
  11. yep.. funny how the CBR1000RR has been the class leader in sales for the last 4 yrs
  12. Dont ya just love zealots :LOL: :wink:
  13. your kidding right? :shock:
    the blades been down on power from suzuki,kawasaki & yamaha for the last 7 years.they've only just caught up! and i doubt they'll stay there long..probably till about september,october i reckon. :wink:
  14. then why do they continue to outsell all the others..

they must have something going for them besides outright power ??
  15. well, you see, i actually ride my bike.
    stats mean fcuk all, to the average punter like myself....unless you can ride the paper it is written on.
  16. Wtf? :roll:
  17. i think what he is saying that day to day ridability what does power have to do with it? very little if you can't push 10/10
  18. spot on james.
    it really is just personal preference, i simply dont like the other bikes in the litre class. i have ridden them all, and have educated opinions of each and every one of them.
    every time, for me, the honda comes up trumps.