Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki M90

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jasonbrown, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Can anyone help me, I am looking at purchasing a Suzuki M90 but have noticed that all the dealers are selling 2010 models. Why is this?

I cant understand how their new bikes are all 2 years old.

Is it as simple as they have not sold all the imported 2010 models yet and if so why??

2. I think they basically stopped making them in 2011. Haven't seen any news on 2012 models either. 2011 would have been the same with a different build date if they did exist.

When the US market crashed, supply well exceeded demand. They've tried to get rid of the glut since.

I'm not sure, but I think the 50's and 109s will continue.
  3. ok thanks for that. If there is a glut i should think that i would have a lot better bargaining power at the shop.
  4. With the dollar good as well, you certainly do.

I got my C50 in the start of this same issue, and got a REALLY good deal. Didn't budge too much on initial price, but good extras :)

They're good bikes, the C/M90s. Main complaints I hear are:

1) Small fuel tank. Same size as the smaller 50ci, so you'll fill up a little more often. No biggie though.
    2) rectifier tends to burn out, but I reccon that'll be covered by the manufacturer, as there was a recall. Ask the dealer to have it fixed before you pick it up. Again, no biggie unless it dies while you're in the middle of no where.

On the upside, they're good looking, powerful, responsive in twisties, and they have higher gearing than their smaller engine counterparts. In fact, there is a good trade in C/M90 drives amongst C/M50 owners as they can be fitted to our bikes with minor modification.

Good info on volusiariders.com, too.
  5. might pay to contact various outlets/sellers and compare for the 'cash now' price?